- This event has passed.
Saturday, March 28, 9:00 am - 10:30 amFree
Enjoy a variety of creative activities throughout the Museum during this accessible program. Created in conjunction with local families and occupational therapists specifically for visitors on the autism spectrum or with sensory processing disorder and their families, this inclusive and accessible program strives to provide a welcoming experience through offering:
- Reduced crowding and noise
- Pre-visit social stories
- Activities to meet a variety of sensory needs
- Hands-on art activities for all developmental levels
- Sensory break areas
- On-hand support of skilled and friendly volunteers which include occupational therapy graduate students and faculty
- Fidgets and noise-cancelling headphones to borrow
- Optional activities designed specifically for teens and adults
This program welcomes participants of all ages and their families (siblings welcome!). Space is limited and registration is requested. For more information or to register, contact Laura Westmoreland at email@example.com or 610-388-8120.