- This event has passed.
Media Arts Council’s Pandemic Poetry Picnic
Saturday, October 10, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Media Arts Council is inviting youth in grades 1st to 12th to submit their original works of poetry for publication and performance. 20 poems will be selected to be read aloud by youth at the Pandemic Poetry Picnic in Glen Providence Park on Saturday October 10th at 12pm (Rain date is Oct. 11).
Submission deadline: Friday, October 2nd, 2020
Selected Poets notified on: Monday October 5th, 2020
1. Send not more than 1 poem.
2. Poems should be Pandemic themed, we are interested in hearing the voices of youth regarding their experiences, feelings and thoughts during this pandemic.
3. Work submitted must be original.
4. Poems can be any length and any type.
5. Please send all submissions to email@example.com
6. Poems may be sent as an attachment or submitted in the body of an email.
7. Include name, age, school attending and parents’ phone number.
For questions, please contact Mary Beth Rim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To serve the community by providing a platform for youth, their families, and all poetry lovers to gather together socially and safely amidst the Pandemic, in a local park, to share original works of poetry. Poetry will be original pandemic themed works written and performed by local youth in grades 1st to 12th grade. Poetry is an art form that allows for expressing feelings and thoughts, and creativity. Sharing Poetry can create contemplation and connections with others. Undoubtedly the Pandemic has had a deep effect on many school aged youth, it is our goal to let their voices be heard in a social setting.